Monday, April 12, 2010

150 Yard Rectangle Very Low Over Lower Lake Michigan - May 2005

The following report was submitted to MUFON on April 5, 2010.  
It was entitled :


2005-05-22   'Mid-Day UFO near  center of Lake Michigan in May 2005' I have re-arranged this report slightly. Bold is my emphasis.
  “A group of 3 of us, myself - a manufacturing business owner, my brother a Firefighter/Paramedic, and a family friend were traveling from Saugatuck, MI on a 38' Chris Craft yacht, crossing Lake Michigan on the way to our marina just south of Chicago in Burnham, IL. This was a 15 hour ride . . .“

“The date was, for sure, May 22nd, 2005. That's the only time we ever made this trip.”

“The trip was being made for a single purpose, to move a boat I bought . . . in {the west coast of} Michigan  to my local marina. It wasn't a pleasure cruise.”

“ . . . we were about 6 hours into the trip when we were circled by an F4 jet several times at very low altitude. This jet was so close we could clearly see the pilot in the cockpit (about 40 feet over the water). I do not know if this is related to what happened 30 minutes later but we all found it very odd to see an Air Force jet in that area taking a closer look at us. Of all times I've been on the lake I've never seen a fighter jet or anything odd, and I've been out there since 1994.”

{The Wikipedia article on the F-4 Phantom states that this plane was taken out of USAF service in 1996. It remains in service in the Air Forces of several foreign countries. This aircraft seen by the 3 witnesses may have been an Alien craft passing itself off as an F-4.}

“Eventually the jet vanished and was never to be seen again. About 30 minutes later we noticed an odd looking object to our starboard {right} side (we were traveling SSW at the time). This object was nothing any of us had ever seen . . . It was the strangest looking thing. It was completely black and almost looked like a bunch of legos a child threw together, where the long rectangular shape had odd ends like steps but completely uneven. It's very hard to describe. There were no lights, no sounds. Just complete silence. We idled down {brought the speed to stop and put the 2 engines into neutral} and proceeded to the bow {front of the boat} to observe this thing. It was hovering above the water, about 10 feet above the 1' wave caps. It was about 500 feet wide, almost like a large building on it's side floating over the water. We were about 6 blocks to 1 mile away."

"After about 10 minutes of watching this thing it began to move our way, and we were all getting a bit nervous being that we were in deep waters and all alone. Outside of cellular range and poor chances of a good VHF distress call, our feelings were becoming uneasy quickly. . . . I hopped back inside the cabin to take the helm and threw her port & and starboard engines in forward at idle to get ready to start moving out of there. I wanted to know what I was seeing but I was way to{o} nervous to see what would happen if I let it come close. At that moment I myself, along with our family friend and my brother, observed this crazy looking thing move across the water from our starboard side to directly in front of our bow (keeping the same 6 blocks or so away from us and holding the same 10' hover over the water). What really shocked us was the speed of the object. It traveled an estimated 10 nautical miles {11.5 statute miles} in about 2 seconds. There was just a long black streak across the horizon and then it stopped and just sat there in front of us. I dropped the vessel back to neutral and just sat there as we all discussed what the heck was happening. Seconds later it jumped right back to our starboard side where it was before and again just hovered over the water. That was enough, we throttled up and began heading SSW again, constantly observing the object as we moved on. Eventually we lost the object in the distance and never saw it again.”

“We had no cameras, have no photos, but it happened. . . . In June of this year I am returning to the GPS coordinates where this happened, still saved on my GPS. I'll be going back with a couple friends and possibly my brother again if he can make it. My hope is to see this again, although it's been 5 years now, ya never know. This time we're bringing camcorders and cameras.”


No comments:

Post a Comment