Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Silent Triangle Over Western South Carolina


View Larger Map

     A ‘Letter To The Editor’ in the Aiken, SC local newspaper of Monday April 19, 2010 was entitled ‘Unusual sighting in evening sky’.


     Here is most of the text of the letter:


     “On Tuesday, April 13, my wife and I were sitting outside on our patio. We normally sit out from late dusk until it is well dark.  We watch the stars and an occasional airplane that flies over. However, that night was different.
     “About 8:30 I noticed an object directly overhead. For a second, I thought it was a low-flying plane. We quickly realized it was not a plane. This object was shaped like a triangle and had three white lights, one on each point of the triangle. It passed over us making no noise. I called for my teenage son to come out, and all of us stood in awe for the 30 to 45 seconds it took to fade away. It also made a few quick turns before continuing on its original east-to-west direction.
     “I have witnessed some strange events in my life but never like this. . . .”


     The ‘Aiken Standard’ newspaper publishes 2 or 3 letters a day on average. The first initial and last name on this letter did not stand out to me as either a frequent letter writer or otherwise noteworthy. Using MSN White Pages, my best guess of the viewers’ location would be on the east side of Aiken, about a half mile southwest of the intersection of highways 302 and US-78.


     The Aiken Municipal Airport is located some 7 miles north of that location.


     This is the first eyewitness account of something unexplainable published in this newspaper in at least 2 years.


     One explanation of these delta craft: http://www.thestealthblimp.com/ 
Check out the patents from the early 1990’s – they are for radar platforms that are to remain aloft for weeks or months at a time.


     I personally did not witness any craft on April 13, 2010.

     "We don't know one-millionth of 1% about anything."  Thomas Edison


No comments:

Post a Comment